1. APPLICATION FOR ENROLLMENT. You may apply for enrollment in the Global Valu-Pass Membership Program (the "Program") offered by Global Travel International - JV Pass Limited, Global Travel International, Inc., a Florida corporation, DBA Global Valu-Pass ("Global Valu-Pass") by submitting a completed enrollment application via telephone, online or in print. Submitting your application indicates your agreement with and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, as may be amended from time to time by Global Valu-Pass in its sole discretion. Global Valu-Pass may amend these Terms and Conditions, at any time, by posting the amendments on Global Valu-Pass's company website, www.valu-pass.com. All amendments to these Terms and Conditions shall automatically be effective upon the effective date specified in the posting or, if no effective date is specified, 30 calendar days after they are posted on www.valu-pass.com.
2. MEMBERSHIP STATUS. a. Your Certification by Global Valu-Pass as a Member. You will become an active Member of the Program ("Member") immediately upon (i) Global Valu-Pass's certification of you as a Member of the Program ("Membership"), and (ii) Global Valu-Pass's receipt and collection of your Membership Fees, if applicable. Global Valu-Pass's certification may include, but is not limited to, receipt of a completed enrollment application from you. If your Membership is not certified, Global Valu-Pass will refund your Membership Fees if applicable.
i. Memberships Obtained Through Authorized Resellers. If you submitted your enrollment application and/or paid your Membership Fees to a Global Valu-Pass authorized reseller, then your status as a Member will be subject to Global Valu-Pass's receipt of your completed enrollment application and Membership Fees, if applicable from such Global Valu-Pass authorized reseller. If Global Valu-Pass does not receive either your completed enrollment application or your Membership Fees, if applicable from the authorized reseller, Global Valu-Pass shall have no obligation to enroll you in the Program or activate your status as a Member. You agree to release Global Valu-Pass from any claim related to the submission of your enrollment application or payment of your Membership Fees, if applicable to a Global Valu-Pass authorized reseller.
b. Your Membership Term; Recurring Renewal. Your Membership has a term of one (1) month or one (1) year from the date you are certified in Valu-Pass' membership tracking system, based on the agreement at the time of enrollment. Unless you elect to cancel your Membership by contacting Valu-Pass in accordance with the policy stated in these terms and conditions, prior to the expiration date of your current Membership term or Valu-Pass elects not to renew your Membership, your Membership will be renewed for successive one (1) month or one (1) year terms, subject to payment and collection of the applicable Renewal Fee(s). Valu-Pass reserves the right to amend the Renewal Fee(s) at any time by posting the amended Renewal Fee(s) on www.valu-pass.com.
c. Contact Global Valu-Pass With Questions About Your Membership. If you have any questions regarding your Membership, you may contact Global Valu-Pass by visiting www.valu-pass.com
3. MEMBERSHIP DUTIES AND OPPORTUNITIES. a. Membership Duties. As a Member, you shall comply with these Terms and Conditions and the guidelines contained in the Program materials provided by Global Valu-Pass and available on www.valu-pass.com (collectively, the "Guidelines"), as the same may be amended by Global Valu-Pass from time to time in its sole discretion. Global Valu-Pass reserves the right to cancel your membership if your membership or the benefits of the membership are being used by anyone outside of your immediate family or in a manner prohibited by the terms of your membership.
b. Membership Opportunties. Global Valu-Pass provides access to the benefits of the program as a portal only. The benefits provided to you as a Value-Pass Member are provided solely by third party vendors. GTI does not represent or warranty the quality or quantity of these benefits. As such, you will seek all remedies solely from the third party providers.
4. REBATES PAYABLE TO YOU. a. Rebates Payable to You. Rebates may be payable to you for your purchases through Global Valu-Pass. Said rebates will be payable to you directly from the third party supplier from which you make your purchase. Rebates are not paid by Global Valu-Pass and as such you will seek all rebates directly from these suppliers and not from Global Valu-Pass or its subsidiaries, agents, employees, or affiliates.
b. You Are Responsible for Taxes Payable on Payments Made to You by Global Valu-Pass. Global Valu-Pass will not withhold any taxes from any payments made to you pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. Global Valu-Pass has not, is not and shall not be obligated to make, and it is the sole responsibility of you to make all periodic filings and payments required to be made in connection with any withholding taxes, FICA taxes, federal unemployment taxes, and any other federal, state or local taxes, payments or filings required to be paid, made or maintained in connection with any payments made to you by Global Valu-Pass.
c. Members Who Are Not United States Residents or Citizens. If you are, or if you place an order on behalf of, a resident and/or citizen of a country other than the USA, you acknowledge that applicable laws, regulations, taxes, and tariffs, as well as factors including, but not limited to, costs and charges associated with foreign shipping and handling, exchange rate fluctuations, and points of origin/destination, may reduce or eliminate benefits of doing business as a Member with Global Valu-Pass that would otherwise be available to a resident and citizen of the USA.
5. PAYMENT OF AMOUNTS YOU OWE TO Global Valu-Pass. a. Payment Authorization. You authorize Global Valu-Pass to collect payment of your Membership Fees, Renewal Fee(s) and any other charges, if applicable, by charging any billing vehicle Global Valu-Pass has on file for you.
b. Payments Not Collected. If Global Valu-Pass is unable to collect the full amount or any amount of a payment due and payable to Global Valu-Pass for your Membership or, Renewal, Global Valu-Pass reserves the right to terminate or suspend your Membership without notification. In addition, in the event we are unable to collect all or any portion of any payment billed to your credit card, you will be charged a fee in the amount determined by applicable law. Upon receipt of the total amount due, Global Valu-Pass may reactivate your Membership subject to receipt of late fees, which may be charged to the maximum extent required by law. Global Valu-Pass also reserves the right to accelerate any and all balances for payments due for Membership and/or Renewal Fees should you default on your agreed payment plan.
i. Collections of Monthly Fees by Third Party Agencies. Global Valu-Pass reserves the right, in its sole discretion, at any time during the Membership contract to sell or assign any payments due from you to Global Valu-Pass to a third party for collection. These payments include, but are not limited to, monthly Membership Fees, Renewal Fees as well as any other fees.
6. TERMINATION, CANCELLATION OR EXPIRATION OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP. a. Termination of Your Membership. In the event that you fail to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions or the Guidelines, Global Valu-Pass may immediately terminate your Membership. If your Membership is terminated by Global Valu-Pass for any reason, you will not be entitled to any refund of payments or Membership Fees. In the case where such a third party reseller enrolled you and collected your Membership Fees, you agree that all refunds shall be paid to you from such third party reseller.
b. Cancellation of Your Membership. You may cancel your Membership by notifying Global Valu-Pass via telephone on the telephone number provided to you at enrollment, during Global Valu-Pass's normal operating hours, and within the time period allotted as stated at the time of enrollment. Should you elect to cancel your Membership, once Global Valu-Pass is contacted via telephone on the number it has directed you to use for cancellations, a cancellation number will be issued to you provided you are calling to cancel within the cancellation period. Providing all cancellation requirements described in this section have been met within the cancellation period provided, you will owe nothing further and your membership and its associated services will be discontinued. . Shipping and, processing fees are not subject to a refund if the membership materials have been shipped pursuant to our agreement at the time of enrollment.
7. YOUR WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITY. a. Your Warranties to Global Valu-Pass. You warrant and represent that: (i) all information provided as part of your enrollment application to become a Member is current, complete and correct; (ii) you are at least eighteen (18) years of age; and (iii) you will notify of Global Valu-Pass of any change of information (including credit card information) as soon as practicable after such change.
b. You Indemnify the Global Valu-Pass Group. You shall indemnify and hold Global Valu-Pass and Global Valu-Pass's employees, contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, members and/or affiliates (collectively, the "Global Valu-Pass Group") harmless from and against any and all claims suffered by any of the Global Valu-Pass Group arising out of or in respect of (i) any violation of law by you, (ii) fraud, misrepresentation, willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of you, (iii) any violation of these Terms and Conditions or the Guidelines by you, and (iv) any costs, fees, expenses, liabilities or penalties associated with any withholding taxes, FICA taxes, federal unemployment taxes, and any other federal, state or local taxes, payments or filings required to be paid, made or maintained in connection with any payments made to you by Global Valu-Pass.
8. VALU-PASS'S COLLECTION OF INFORMATION AND PRIVACY OF YOUR INFORMATION. Some of the ways Global Valu-Pass accumulates and uses your personal information include, but are not limited to the following: Global Valu-Pass uses the information it collects about you to process orders and to provide better service. When you make a reservation using Global Valu-Pass's services, Global Valu-Pass may need to know your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows Global Valu-Pass to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, Global Valu-Pass may ask for your name, address, phone number and email address so it can administer the contest and notify winners. Global Valu-Pass personalizes your experience online by using your contact with Global Valu-Pass's websites to shape Global Valu-Pass's recommendations about Global Valu-Pass content that might be of interest to you. Global Valu-Pass also monitors customer traffic patterns and website usage to help it develop the design and layout of the site. Global Valu-Pass may also use the information it collects to occasionally notify you about important changes to its services, new services and special offers. In addition, Global Valu-Pass may choose to sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties. Such third parties may use your information for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to soliciting you for offers of products and/or services. OPTING OUT-If you would rather not receive information from Global Valu-Pass or do not want Global Valu-Pass to disclose your information to unrelated third parties, please send Global Valu-Pass an email notification or in writing to Global Valu-Pass. You agree to allow Global Valu-Pass up to thirty (30) days for the change to take effect in Global Valu-Pass's system.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. In the event that any product or service provided by a third party supplier is unsatisfactory to you, you will look solely to the provider of the product or service for rectification. All warranties, expressed or implied, related to products provided by a third party supplier are the responsibility of the third party supplier. VALU-PASS DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE QUANTITY OR QUALITY OF SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES, DISCOUNTS OR OTHER BENEFITS THAT MAY BE OFFERED BY VALU-PASS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, AS PART OF THE OVERALL PRICE PAID FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP, VALU-PASS PROVIDES SUPPORT AND THE PROGRAM "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSED AND SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, INDEMNITIES, AND GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY VALU-PASS, SUPPORT AND THE PROGRAM, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY LAW, CUSTOM, PRIOR ORAL OR WRITTEN STATEMENTS, BY VALU-PASS, ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) ARE HEREBY OVERRIDDEN, EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN NO EVENT WILL VALU-PASS OR ITS AFFILIATES, PRINCIPALS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST DATA, DELAYS, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANY OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF VALU-PASS OR ITS AFFILIATES, PRINCIPALS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS OR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL VALU-PASS BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF LOSS TO YOU CAUSED BY AN EVENT BEYOND ITS CONTROL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS, NATURAL DISASTERS, TERRORIST ACTS, WARS, RIOTS, STRIKES, AND OTHER ACTS OF GOD. IN NO EVENT WILL VALU-PASS'S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE LESSER OF VALU-PASS'S REVENUES RECEIVED DIRECTLY FROM YOU UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE THE CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES OR FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500). IN NO EVENT WILL YOU BRING ANY ACTION AGAINST VALU-PASS MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
11. MISCELLANEOUS. a. All Disputes Shall be Settled by Arbitration. In the event of a dispute between you and Global Valu-Pass, you and Global Valu-Pass agree that a prompt and fair resolution, without the time and expense of formal court proceedings, would be in both parties' mutual interests. All disputes shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration to be conducted in Orange County, Florida, or a location closest to Orange County, Florida if no such location for the chosen arbitration body exists there. MANDATORY ARBITRATION REPLACES THE RIGHT OF EITHER PARTY TO GO TO COURT AND DEMAND A JURY TRIAL. The party filing the arbitration must choose one of the following three arbitration firms and follow its rules and procedures for initiating and pursuing an arbitration:
.American Arbitration Association, 335 Madison Avenue, Floor 10, New York, NY 100174605 (phone: 8007787879) (http://www.adr.org) .National Arbitration Forum, P.O. Box 50191, Minneapolis, MN 554050191 (phone: 8004742371) (http://www.arbforum.com) .JAMS, 1920 Main Street, Suite 300, Irvine, CA 92614 (phone: 9492241810) (http://www.jamsadr.com)
In the event that the selected firm cannot administer the arbitration, the party filing the arbitration will select another of the firms. Each party will bear its own expenses, and the parties will share equally the filing and other fees of the arbitration firm and the expenses of the arbitrator, except that the arbitrator will be entitled to award a different allocation of costs and fees where the arbitrator determines that a filed claim is frivolous. The arbitrator will not have the power to award punitive damages or other damages not measured by the prevailing party's actual damages, except as may be required by statute. Any award in arbitration initiated under this clause will be limited to monetary damages and will include no injunction or direction to any party other than the direction to pay a monetary amount, except as required by statute or to comply with the terms of the contract. Any award rendered by the arbitrator will be final and binding upon each of the parties, and judgment thereon may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this section. During the pendency of such arbitration and until final judgment thereon has been entered, these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect unless otherwise terminated as provided hereunder. If a provision of this clause is held to be invalid, the remainder of the clause will remain in full force and effect, and, to this end, the provisions of this clause are severable. In the event that any State or Federal court rules that this arbitration provision is defective in whole or part or permits an action to be filed in a State or Federal court then the parties agree to have their dispute heard before a court located nearest to Orange County, Florida. The parties also agree to have any such dispute heard before a Judge and waive any rights to a Trial By Jury.
b. Waiver. The waiver by any party of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not operate as a waiver of a breach of any other provision of these Terms and Conditions by any party.
c. Credit Reports. You authorize Global Valu-Pass to report Global Valu-Pass's credit experience with you to others solely for (i) collection purposes.
d. Call Monitoring/Recording/Prerecorded Messaging/Predictive Dialing. You understand that Global Valu-Pass may monitor, tape and/or record any conversation that may occur between us. However, Global Valu-Pass is not obligated to do so and it may choose not to do so. You authorize Global Valu-Pass to contact you at their discretion by using prerecorded messaging devices and/or Predictive Dialing devices. If you choose not to be contacted by this method, please contact Member Services.
e. Notices. All notices, requests, consents, and other communications required or permitted pursuant to these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing, including electronic transmission, and shall be, as elected by the person giving such notice, hand delivered by messenger or courier service, or mailed via regular mail, postage prepaid, and addressed to Global Valu-Pass at its principal offices as set forth on www.valu-pass.com, and if to you, to the most recent address on record with Global Valu-Pass. Each such communication shall be deemed delivered on the date delivered if by personal delivery, messenger or courier service, or five (5) days from the postmark on such communication.
f. Assignment of Rights and Obligations Under These Terms and Conditions. Global Valu-Pass may assign its rights and obligations pursuant to these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. You may not assign your Membership or your rights or obligations pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
g. Severability. If any term, condition or provision of these Terms and Conditions or the application thereof to any party or circumstance shall, at any time or to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected thereby. In each other term, condition and provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
h. Certain Provisions Survive Termination, Cancellation or Expiration of Your Membership. All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in these Terms and Conditions shall survive the termination, cancellation or expiration of your Membership.
i. The Headings Are for Convenience of Reference Only. The headings contained in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience of reference only, are not to be considered a part of these Terms and Conditions and shall not limit or otherwise affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
j. Florida Law Governs These Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions and all transactions contemplated by these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of Florida, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.
k. These Terms and Conditions Are Our Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions, subject to amendment from time to time, represent the entire understanding and agreement between you and Global Valu-Pass with respect to the subject matter of the same, and supersede all other negotiations, understandings and representations (if any) made by and between you and Global Valu-Pass. These Terms and Conditions shall not be construed more strongly against Global Valu-Pass despite Global Valu-Pass's responsibility for its preparation.
These Terms, the Program and pricing are subject to change without notice.